Are you tired of those pesky mosquitoes ruining your outdoor relaxation time? Don’t worry, we have a simple and natural solution for you. By using some essential oils and ingredients you already have in your kitchen, you can create your very own homemade mosquito repellent. Not only is it effective, but it’s also a great way to add a decorative touch to your space. Let’s learn how to make it!
- Glass jar
- Lemons and limes
- Rosemary sprigs
- Unscented floating candles
- Essential oil (lavender, rosemary, thyme, or lemon)
Note: If you don’t have rosemary, don’t worry! You can also use basil, lavender, or mint as alternative herbs.
- Fill the glass jar about 3/4 full with water.
- Add 20 drops of your chosen essential oil to the jar.
- Thinly slice the lemons and limes and place them in the jar. This will create a fresh citrus scent that mosquitoes dislike.
- Place 2 or 3 sprigs of rosemary (depending on their size) in the jar.
- Add a little more water to the jar, making sure to leave enough room for the floating candle.
- Finally, light the candle to activate the repellent’s effect.
With these simple steps, you can create your own mosquito repellent and enjoy your space without those annoying mosquito bites. The combination of essential oils, citrus scent, and herbs will help keep those pesky insects at bay. Plus, the flickering candle adds a cozy and charming ambiance to your outdoor area.
So why rely on chemicals when you can make a natural and effective mosquito repellent right at home? Give it a try and say goodbye to those unwelcome guests!